The PreCon Manager is the leader on assigned projects, including negotiated and hard bid work. Expectations include a natural ability to maintain existing client relations and develop new relationships. This PreCon Manager must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well the technical skills for accurate and detailed estimates. This PreCon Manager must also be persuasive and effective during project interviews and be able to work well within a team-centered culture.
San Antonio, Texas
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Knowledge and use of estimating software (SmartBid, Timberline, Microsoft Office, On-Screen Takeoff)
- Management of multiple individual projects from concept through the bidding, design and subcontract bidding phases of these projects.
- Ability to work in high pressure situation such as bid day and representing RO in periodic owner/design team preconstruction meetings.
- Possess strong communication skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively.
- Preparing conceptual estimates from limited information.
- Develop project estimates using estimating software at various stages of project design including SD, DD & CD.
- Review bid documents and perform quantity take-offs.
- Analyze and measure “risk” between subcontractors by developing bid tabulation forms for all trades.
- Ability to create and analyze value management options.
- Ability to analyze and determine approach for various project delivery types (LS, Cost Plus, GMP).
- Ability to develop detailed, solution-oriented RFIs to be submitted to the design team.
- Prepare qualifications and clarifications to support all bid and/or budget submissions.
- Create high quality and descriptive deliverables for presentation to clients and for bid submissions.
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier bids including monitoring sub-bidders’ participation during the bid process to insure proper coverage.
- Participate in project reviews with internal and external teams.
- Participate in project interviews.
- Participate with pre-construction services team members during the bid-day process.
- Visit proposed site to determine existing conditions.
- Working closely with project manager and superintendent regarding schedule and special construction considerations.
- Compile post bid/budget project file.
- Update sub/supplier database.
- Demonstrate proper performance of skills reflected above and as validated by RO's annual performance assessments.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Requirements to Apply
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
- Degree in the field of Finance, Construction Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of pre-construction experience in commercial building / $10 to $50+ million range preferred
- On-Screen Takeoff (OST)
- Microsoft Office
- Timberline (preferred)
- Viewpoint (preferred)