Virtual Design Construction (VDC) Specialist
Rogers-O'Brien is looking for a highly motivated VDC Specialist that uses specialized tools and methodologies to plan, coordinate, manage and execute the construction process. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 50 mile radius of the Austin office. Rogers-O’Brien offers helpful training and continuing education. But more importantly, we also believe in always helping employees learn.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Generate and maintain high quality BIM content for project teams.
- Provide technical support for staff on all BIM enabled projects.
- Assist in modeling construction quality BIMs for project teams.
- Assist in research and analysis of new VDC tools.
- Assist in developing VDC workflows and implementing standards for the company.
- Conduct regular training and presentation of VDC tools to staff.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends in VDC techniques and procedures.
- Attend and participate at industry events promoting VDC technology.
- Work in close cooperation with IT professionals to equip staff with proper hardware and software tools for projects.
Requirements to Apply
- 2 years of experience with BIM in the architecture, engineering or construction industry.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Has an understanding or interest of the overall construction process.
- Has an understanding of the duties of various departments within the company.
- Has the ability to manage and communication well with others.
- Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
- Possess a general knowledge and competency of computer hardware and software.
- Possess a general level knowledge of key software applications (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc.)
- Has a background or interest in programming (VB.net, C+, C#, etc.).
Because our success depends on the experience and quality of our team members, we focus on attracting and retaining the best people. Consequently, we offer competitive compensation and benefits that include the following:
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Health insurance (PPO and pretax health savings account)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Fitness programs
- Company-sponsored events and outings