SMU – Moody Coliseum
Architect: 360 Architecture
Owner: Southern Methodist University
Originally built in 1956 as an 8,998-seat multipurpose arena, Rogers-O’Brien completed the expansion and renovation of SMU’s Moody Coliseum. The north expansion of the existing facility adds a club area for VIP guests, along with new suites, a full kitchen, locker rooms and coaches offices for several of SMU’s athletics. The expansion of the basement includes a new dock and practice area for the rowing team. The east addition creates a new Hall of Fame Club. The renovation of the arena involved the installation of new seating, updated concession areas, modernized restrooms and new MEP systems.
date of original building
FULL RENOVATION AND EXPANSION OF AN ORIGINAL 1956 MULTIPURPOSE ARENA
EXPANDED AMENITIES INCLUDE A VIP AREA, HALL OF FAME CLUB AND ATHLETIC OFFICES
Winner of a TEXO Distinguished Building award